Thursday 7 October 2010

Eat Pray Love

I have to say that this film didn't particularly blow me away with its spirituality and neither was it a tearjerker, but I did enjoy the way Roberts' character wasn't revealed too much which left it to the viewer to decide on particular areas of the story. There was never a scene to introduce Elizabeth Gilberts occupation yet you understood she was a writer of some sort, could it of been fiction? Romance? We were kept guessing. But in reality Gilbert was a writer and a very successful one at that, releasing her first novel Stern Men in 2000, a story of brutal territory wars between fishing villages off the coast of Maine.
In 2002 her book The Last American Man was a finalist for both the National Book Award and the National Book Critics Circle Award.
This film has inspired me to travel areas in the world that were still unknown to me, and as for Italy I would like to run away to the city of Rome, enjoy the amazing food and drink lots of wine.

No comments: