Monday 22 November 2010

Harry Potter goes dark

On Friday night it was the global release of the new film Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows-part 1, and it was brilliant.
With reading the J.K Rowling novel about a year ago I couldn't wait to watch the film, and with all my suspense it wasn't a let down. As the characters have grown up, along with the storyline, the filmmakers had to make a decision whether to stay safe or portray the real imagery in its fullest. And so as the film unravelled I was pleased to see the sometimes funny, jokey and cuteness has passed on to reveal a darker side to the wizarding world.I also read this morning that the film has beaten the previous opening record for the franchise in the U.S and Canada. The film took $125.1m (£77.9m) at the weekend box office, taking it straight to the top of the chart.
The first of the two part film has now made $330m (£205.5m) in global ticket sales.
I now cant wait till Summer 2011 for part 2!! Hurry up!!

No comments: